Good thing is that you can use Skype over 3G connection on your iPhone device. Thus using your 3D data plan to make cheap international calls and free video calls.
Skype-to-Skype calls on 3G will be free until the end of 2010 (now extended), so download the app asap and enjoy. Skype-to-Skype calls over WiFi will remain free – and you can make calls to landlines and mobiles around the world at incredibly low rates. The new version features an enhanced call quality indicator, which will help you choose the best moment to call. This feature though will only be free to use until August 2010, after which a small fee.
Skype iPhone Features (Version 2.0)
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Call using your 3G connection. Skype-to-Skype calls on 3G are free until at least end of August 2010, after which there will be a small monthly fee (operator charges for data will still apply).
- Near CD-quality sound for Skype-to-Skype calls using wideband audio (SILK codec) on iPhone 3GS and 2nd generation iPod touch.
- Enhanced call quality indicator.
- Improved start-up time.
- Use Skype with Facebook
- Fast access to the dial pad from iPhone home screen.
* iOS 5 or above.
* Send and receive video using front or rear camera on iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th Generation.
* Send and receive video using rear camera on iPhone 3GS.
* Receive video only on iPad 1st generation and iPod touch 3rd Generation.
* Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
Using Bluetooth Device with Skype
It’s possible to use Skype for iOS with a Bluetooth device such as a wireless headset. Before you start using Skype for iOS with your Bluetooth device, make sure that you are using the latest version of Skype for iPhone/iPod touch or Skype for iPad. Your Bluetooth device must also be paired with your iOS device properly.
Features not supported till now
The following features are not currently supported:
- Synchronizing with iPhone Address Book
- Showing favorite contacts
You can use Skype on your iPhone to call other Skype users (they may be using the app on their Android, Windows Mobile, computer or even iPad). It works seamlessly. The updated app is available now in the App Store – download it now.