Just like others, Yahoo Messenger works great on Android Mobiles. The good thing which sets this apart from other regular messengers is its voice calling capability. You can offcourse do regular chat with your friends (text chat), however you can also do a voice chat with your friend.
If both of you are on Yahoo Messenger then you can have a voice conversation (voice call) for free. You can be on your android mobile while your friend using Yahoo Messenger on his iPhone.
Yahoo Messenger mentions on its website "You might have left the building, but you can still keep your conversations going, with Yahoo! Messenger on your Android phone." That's pretty awesome man!
Yahoo Messenger features for Android & iPhone :
- The best of Yahoo! Messenger: Get an all new IM experience, designed just for your Android phone
- Video calling: Make two-way video calls with your Yahoo! Messenger friends.
- Voice calling: Make free voice calls to your Yahoo! Messenger friends.
- Get instant notifications: Always know when you get a new message or friend request
- Check status: Access your friends’ status and update your own availability
- Manage your contacts: Add, edit and synchronize contacts from Yahoo! and your phone address books
- Connect from your Android: Chat with your Yahoo! Messenger and MSN/Windows Live friends
- Photos and Emoticons: Send camera and gallery photos and express yourself with emoticons; plus receive pix from your IM friends
- Buzz: Tap the icon and "buzz" your IM friends from your phone
Similary you can use Yahoo Messenger on your iPad or tab's. Here is the latest update about Yahoo Messenger for iPad2.
Yahoo Messenger has been updated to version 2.1 that brings video and voice calling to the app. Now iPad and iPhone users can call their Yahoo Messenger friends on PCs and Macs. Your Apple device should be on iOS 4.0 or higher to run the updated app. Yahoo Messenger 2.1 enables you to make video calls for free. So if you are in favor of Yahoo Messenger and don't want to use Facetime then its great for you now!
Just start making voice and video calls on your Android Phones, iPhones, iPod Touch, iPad, Android Based Tabs (Galaxy Tab) using Yahoo Messenger.
Trust me if you are still depending on your landlines phones or mobile phones (telecom operator) to make your national & international calls, then you are losing a lot of money. Its high time you should switch to Voip for making calls. And this applies to Indian people as well. If you are having a smartphone then why ain't you making full use of it. Just make free international calls using voip.